In 2016, Faculty of Pharmacy has moved to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program which is an undergraduate academic credential.
Graduates of the LIMU PharmD program will be the leaders of Libyan health system transformation.
Students wishing to pursue a career as a pharmacist are encouraged to join the LIMU PharmD program.
Welcome to the Faculty of Pharmacy!
The Faculty of Pharmacy at the Libyan International Medical University (LIMU) is the first national educational institute that adopt a PharmD program. In September 2016, Pharm D program has replaced the Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) program aiming for graduates who are able to provide comprehensive and direct pharmaceutical care to patients.
The Faculty program is a transformative experience with a distinctive change from knowledge-based to competency-based curriculum in accordance with ethics and good pharmacy practice. In addition, the Faculty has extra curricula activities that serve community.
Faculty of Pharmacy provides its students with outstanding education experience through the adoption of interactive modern learning methods. Students’ learning objectives are derived through problem-solving learning sessions under the supervision of qualified staff and trained educational and administrative supervisors.
Faculty of Pharmacy provides all facilities that enable students to attain the program objectives, including the availabilities of a well-equipped clinical skill lab and a real hospital sitting training experience.
The Faculty is also seeking to start graduate programs in the near future.
- Implementing new pharmaceutical education programs based on science, clinical skills and professional behavior which adopt guided self-learning and lifelong learning strategies.
- Applying quality management systems in line with local, regional and international standards.
- Providing professional development programs and carrying out research that meets the needs of the community with a commitment to professional ethics.
That the Faculty occupies a regionally advanced position in the fields of pharmaceutical education, research and community service
- Supplying the country with specialized pharmacists capable of providing pharmaceutical care.
- Creating educational and research programs that meet the needs of society.
- Developing self-learning methods through advanced techniques and establishing the principle of continuing professional education.
- Developing field training programs for students.
- Supporting scientific research and postgraduate studies.
- Increasing the efficiency and development of human resources capability in the Faculty.
- Adopting academic standards that achieve the Vision and Mission of the Faculty.
- Supporting the quality management system.
- Applying Business Process Management.
- The Dean of the Faculty
- The Faculty Vice Dean
- Head of the Pharmacy Practice Department
- Head of the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department
- Faculty Registrar
- Administrative Secretary
- Representative of the Quality Assurance Office
- Representative of the Community and Environmental Service Office