To enable the Libyan International Medical University (LIMU) to occupy a regionally advanced position in the fields of postgraduate pharmaceutical education, research, and community services by presenting the fundamental scientific principles and recent advances of Pharmaceutical Sciences theoretically and practically.
To provide students with knowledge and skills needed to expand their career opportunities in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences and to fulfill community needs.
- Appling knowledge and skills relevant to careers in pharmaceutical sciences such as pharmaceutical industry, regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance, drug formulation, marketing biotechnological companies, chemical and biochemical industries, and quality assurance departments.
- Pursuing research at higher levels including Ph.D. in any branch of the pharmaceutical sciences.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, or PharmD.
- The applicant must: Pass the personal interview and provide evidence of English Language proficiency and ability to use basic computer functions.
- Required documents: Batchelor degree certificate (original and copy), Birth certificate, National ID number, A copy of the passport page showing the student’s information, Certificate of good conduct, 2 recommendation letters, permission letter from the applicant’s employer, Health certificate and 4 personal photos).
Program Study Plan
Course Code No.
Credit Hours (ECTS)
|3601||Basic Molecular Biology||5|
|3602||Principles of Pharmacology||10|
|3604||Medicinal and Bio-structural Chemistry I||10|
|3605||Clinical Drug Development||5|
|3607||Techniques and Methods of Drug Analysis||10|
|3608||Advanced Drug Delivery Systems||10|
|3609||Medicinal and Bio-structural Chemistry II||10|
(General courses block)
Writing and research methodologies
and (Project placement)
Program Graduation requirements
The MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences is awarded after successful completion of all courses and passing a thesis defence, while fulfilling the general and compulsory requirements of graduation at the university.